Parish Council membership shall consist of no fewer than seven and not more than eleven members. Should members be unable to fulfill a term, the pastor shall appoint replacements as needed. At no time should the Parish Pastoral Council be composed of less than seven members.
- A member must read, understand and sign the Code of Pastoral Conduct and must have the following qualifications:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic (having received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) who is registered and active in
- parish life, is in good standing with the Church and has reached the age of 18
- Be a person with an understanding of and commitment to the Church as expressed in the documents of the Second Vatican Council
- Be committed to prayer, Gospel values and growth in personal holiness
- Be knowledgeable about the life and teachings of Jesus, the mission of the Church and the distinctive characteristics of the parish, its ministries and its people
- Be skilled in group process, interpersonal communication and collaboration
- Be willing to participate in on-going faith formation
- The Pastor shall be charged with the responsibility for assuring that the qualifications for eligibility have been met for each candidate.
Terms of Membership
The appointment term for members is four years and is renewable to a maximum of eight years, beginning in October. The discernment process beings in May, overlap sessions begin in July and new members will be installed at the October Retreat.
Appointment of New Members
- Appointment of new members takes place in the following manner:
- All current members whose first term is due to expire are asked if they wish to be considered for appointment to another term on the
- Parish Pastoral Council.
- All current members of Pastoral Council, pastoral staff members, and parishioners are asked to submit names of those whom they feel might be considered for appointment to the Parish Pastoral Council. They may submit their own name of the name of someone else for consideration.
- The pastor and Pastoral Council shall review all the names submitted and accept those for consideration based on the size and complexity of the parish. Pastoral Council members will be asked to review the list of names and recommend those they feel can best serve the needs of the Parish Pastoral Council. The council will be asked to recommend the number of names needed to fill the existing vacancies. Those names are presented to the pastor for appointment to Parish Pastoral Council for a term of four years.
- New members will be installed at an installation ceremony during the October retreat.