All staff and volunteers over 18 years of age are required to fulfill Safe Environment requirements prior to the start of their ministry.
The Safe Environment Policy was created to take reasonable measures to assure that all staff and volunteers over 18 are committed to providing a safe environment for children and youth, are capable of identifying and preventing abuse of children, and have no personal history of behavior that would be a threat to children. This policy applies to all staff and volunteers over the age of 18. Church personnel is defined as all adult persons (those 18 years of age or older), whether clergy, members of consecrated life, or laity, who, as employees or volunteers, act in the name of the Church under the auspices of the Diocese of Pittsburgh or one of its parishes.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. Diocesan Database and PA Criminal Record Check – The access code is protect — this is needed to create a username and password and then complete the application at https://www.eappsdb.com/Login.asp?ORGZ_KEY=39 .
• Pastoral Code of Conduct – Now a part of the database, under Document Review. Read booklet and check the box indicating you read it.
• Child Protective Services Law Acknowledgement – Now a part of the database, under Document Review. Read booklet and check the box indicating you read it.
2. PA Child Abuse History Clearance – Please complete the Child Abuse Application and release form found at http://www.stsjohnandpaul.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Child-Abuse-App-with-Release-Form.pdf (Or fill out the form online HERE). You can type directly in the Child Abuse Application, but you need to print out the release form to complete it (be sure to sign it!). On the Child Abuse Application be sure to include all permanent addresses and all household members since 1975 and sign at the bottom. Return to Angela Manczka. The parish pays the processing fee.
3. Protecting God’s Children Workshop – This is a 3 hour workshop on child sexual abuse. Register for an upcoming workshop by clicking HERE.
**If you would prefer to take this course ONLINE, go to www.virtus.org and click on Registration. You will then fill out the registration information and be able to choose the session. The Online session is at the bottom of this list and is available in English and Spanish.
4. Mandated Reporting
– Please visit the following website to complete the Mandated Reporter Training. Required for any volunteers who work directly with children. https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
5. FBI fingerprints or Fingerprint Waiver – If you have lived in the state of PA for fewer than 10 years, you will need to be fingerprinted. If you have lived in PA longer than 10 years, you will need to sign the FBI waiver form.
—Please contact Angela regarding this step at (724) 935-2104 x230—
DIOCESAN ONLINE DATABASE
All staff and volunteers over 18 are to complete the Diocese of Pittsburgh’s database application. Once this application is completed, it will also be used to obtain a Pennsylvania State Police criminal record check.
When asked to choose your site, it will be: Sewickley-SS John & Paul Parish
THE ACCESS CODE IS: PROTECT